Friday, June 8, 2012

~ Birthday Party ~ 50's Diner Sock Hop Party Part 1


Happy Friday! I am working on posting all the details of all the parties I did last month.

May was a busy month. First I had my daughter's 3rd Under The Sea Birthday party, then my oldest daughter birthday party, then a few customer parties: Ariana's 11th diva Party, Nicole's 8th Paris inspired party and Emily's 5th Princess party 

Today I am going to start with my daughter's 8th Birthday Bash!  Again lots of pictures so I had to divide the post in 2 parts...

Julianna's favourite restaurant is Johnny Rockets and when I saw the Sock Hop 50's party supplies, I thought it was the perfect theme for her 8th birthday party and she loved the idea! From there we went all out with the 50's theme.

THE INVITATIONS...

These were the invites I made for her party! It was held at our home or 'Julianna Rockets' Diner for that day...

THE DECOR...

I had so much fun planning all the decor for this party: Jukeboxes, Cadillac, Records, musical note, Poodle skirt and milkshakes everywhere. We decorated with lots of balloons in Black, white, pink and teal. 


I had a hand painted mural for the Sweet table background.


THE SWEET TABLE...
The cupcakes were like little milkshakes, a gum ball for a cherry and I cut some waffer cookies as straws.  The Cake Pops are from Cathy from The Cake Bomb.

I covered the cake with small fondant/gum paste black squares to recreate a 50's diner floor and I tried to make the sugar doll to look like my daughter with the brown hair and the big eyes...I wanted to share with you a little trick about the candles...I got the number 8 and the stars candles but the colors really didn't match the decor, so I painted them with regular craft paint and sprinkled glitter on them right away before the paint dried.


Cathy also made these pretty milkshake pops.


My daughter and her friends!

I hope you enjoy these pictures! 
Click here to view PART 2 of this Party!

All the printable designs used in this party are now available at my Etsy shop.

Credits:
Cake Pops- Cathy The CakeBomb
Decor and Party Printable Designs: Party-Tales

Sock Hop 50's Party Supplies can be purchased online at Birthday Express

12 comments:

  1. I love your party. The mural is fantastic and everything looks great!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme and such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling party theme! I'm sure your daughter loved it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissa, I still have to post the rest of the pictures.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Marissa, they are.. Please contact me at my email party-tales{at}rogers.com

      Thanks, Milenna

      Delete
  6. Good to know about this birthday party. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my grandpa’s birthday party at one of awesome Seattle venues. Decorated venue with balloons and ordered a delicious 2-tier cake for the party. Had excellent time there with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superior Metal Design is a leading custom metal design company located in Ontario, Canada. We offer custom metal art designs for signage, decor and more. Browse our website to create your own custom metal designs with desired colour.

    more info - Create Your Own Custom Metal Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Start with some rules. Although the rules can be boring, they will help keep things out of control. Define the principles of the party and discuss them with your parents. Decide how many people are invited. 10-20 a good number

    https://icemakershub.com/della-ice-maker/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...